Monday, November 26, 2012

Last But Not Least


I guess it’s that time: Christmas trees are popping up, finals are in progress, and I am getting ready to say “I Do.” It is strange to think that this will probably be my last post before becoming a “Mrs.” It has come quickly. Really quick. Eight months ago, this wedding was a very distant project. Now, it is upon us. We are not even counting months anymore. It’s days…. 19 to be exact.

And I could not be any more excited.

Several things have happened in the last month or so. School decided to be a jerk and throw all sorts of tests, assignments, and papers on us. Let’s just say, that I am looking forward to getting married solely for the fact that Seth and I will have to see each other just by default of living in the same place. The only way I get to see Seth now is if I “happen” to have supper and “happen” to be in the campus area to bring it to him. Then I leave him at Driftmier (engineering building), only to be woken up by a phone call at 2:00am saying he is back home. Bless the boy’s heart. Now I know we are comparing apples to oranges, but I have had school pretty rough myself. I have never been so ready to finish a paper more than I have this past week. 30 pages later (that’s not even a rounded number)… I can hesitantly say I’m done. At least Seth is the lucky one for not having to come back to school in January. Maybe he will resume a normal bedtime.  

Thankfully, UGA football has resumed in Athens. It breaks my heart to say that Seth and I missed our very first home game as students, but for a very good reason. We had marriage counseling, and I am pleased to announce that we are compatible (for those who may have been concerned). Our Dawgs are doing quite well, if you ask me. Let’s hope they bring the big guns this Saturday to the SEC game. Beat the Crimson Tide… Whatever that is. Another grand “upset” this year was UGA beating Florida. Unfortunately during this time, I lost an important member of my wedding party. I would say that my granddad “lost” his fight to cancer, but that is quite the contrary. In the two years of struggle, he kept pushing on, planting cane, making syrup, and riding the tractor like nothing was happening.  But, his breathing got the best of him. I spent my UGA/Florida gameday in a hospital room with all of my other family enjoying some good memories we had with Granddaddy. And game or no game, there is no place that I would have rather been. He held off for a couple of days before finally passing on that Sunday. The day before, I told Seth that he was just waiting on Emily’s birthday to be over (Oct. 27th) and the Dawgs to beat the snot out of Florida. Way to go, Dawgs.

The closer you get to the wedding day, the more fun planning is. I have had some showers, and constantly, I realized just how blessed Seth and I really are. You know you are getting further in the wedding process when you have a bachelorette party. I literally have the best friends in the world, because I had a blast at it. They kept it classy, because no one likes a trashy party. And just how classy did they keep it? We drank out of crystal cups, ate off of glass plates, and had tulle and diamonds scattered around the table. (Oh… and we sung horrible Japanese karaoke, doubled up on “yum yum” sauce, and exposed Victoria’s secret while I wore a sash and cheap crown) See? Classy, I tell you. Here is a sampling of the invitations they sent out. I purposefully blocked out my sizes.... there is no need for that information to be plastered around the World Wide Web. That just "ain't" classy. 

Other parts of the wedding consist of: finally deciding on music, ordering programs, finalizing the menu, and making last minute purchases. By the way, it’s weird seeing the prefix “fin-” meaning “the end.” I was looking at my parents wedding pictures, and came across these two foxes. Just look at the similarities between the two of them… creepily odd. And before you get to wondering if my mom’s dress was my “something old”… it’s not. Cast all your worries aside! Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it was hot back in the day…

No wedding process is complete without a couple of mishaps. Some problems have occurred with the wedding band process. My band came in, was sized, and engraved with no problem. The funny thing is, the band is so thin, that it is very difficult to see the engraving with an untrained eye. At least it is in our hearts, right? Anyway, come to find out, Seth’s band was never ordered back in August. So, there we were at the end of October, with no wedding band for Seth. After giving the jeweler the evil eye, which Seth is quite accustom to, they assured me that his band will be delivered, sized, and engraved all within six weeks. That sounds a little ambitious to someone who likes to get things done in a timely fashion. And by “timely” I mean 4 months in advance. That’s just how I roll. Anyway, I hate to get too excited, but I finally got a call saying that the ring is in, sized, and sent off to be engraved. Let’s just hope Seth leaves the church on December 15 wearing a wedding band.

Well, I guess that’s all for now. Please offer your congratulations to Seth as he graduates from UGA with a degree in Agriculture Engineering. Until next time, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful wedding season. Looking forward to seeing you all at the wedding. Enjoy the cake. 

1 comment:

  1. Waiting for the day itself is a wonderful experience! Waking up everyday with a sense of excitement,the list of everything falling to place step by step, other members of your families getting excited as well; everything about it is just fantastic! How was the wedding day itself? Hope to see some pictures soon! :)

    Kelli  Mueller

    ReplyDelete